June 15, 2010

a small food shop


image from the guardian: Jeanette Winterson outside her store Verde's in Spitalfields. Photograph: Dan Chung for the Observer

my friend eireann sent along this article this morning and i thought that readers here might be interested in it. i found it very uplifting and inspiring and a nice concise statement on buying small and local....

once upon a life - jeaette winterson .

she opened a small food shop instead of allowing a chain coffee shop into the building where she lived. hip hip hooray.

5 comments:

dining tables said...

Her store and her personality has helped me to be more inspired me.

Denise | Chez Danisse said...

Loved this article! I want a Verde on my corner.

Lea said...

very very cool - especially when she is my favourite author!

Kerstin Svendsen said...

oh that was so good. thanks lisa. another reason jw rocks.

freerangegirl said...

JW just goes up and up in my esteem. Her writing is awesome, its great to know her ideals are cool too.