March 11, 2007

eight

Kerstin (shash) Svendsen
http://mecozy.blogspot.com
Graphic Design Student, Artist and Administrative Assistant
San Francisco, California, USA

As children I think we all have a sense of wonder about and respect for the natural world. My love of animals and trees caused me, among other things, to claim to my friends that I could speak with my pets, to become a vegetarian at age nine and to pick the college I would attend for its Redwood tree density on the campus. For some time now however, I’ve been feeling less connected to this natural world. I’m also really freaked out about how much waste I and others in “first” world countries produce. And about how we are poisoning our land and air and the beings on earth. Often I feel overwhelmed by all the environmental issues and feel I am not doing enough. I’m hoping this blog will make it easier for me to deal with the issues and help me rekindle that relationship with the natural world. I want to transform my worry/talk into action. I’m also hoping this blog will inspire others to make changes. (Normally you’d also find me quilting, making cards, reading fiction, writing, going to the movies and hanging out with my cat Pinky Leon. But for now I’m working part time and going to school full time, and I can barely figure out when to reserve my next CityCarShare hybrid car to buy groceries and fix my next organic meal.)

1 comment:

mimulus said...

kudos to you shash for starting sew green. we all need to help each other build more sustainable communities and support each other in swimming against the consumption tide.